3.22.2012

Losing My Marbles

I've always been fascinated with nail polish. As a kid, I owned upwards of 30 bottles of polish. My favourite was a glow-in-the-dark matte colour that I would constantly test in our basement to make sure it still luminously glowed. My most recent purchase was a matte topcoat from Butter London which looks amazing on top of black and and neon coloured polishes. 

So it comes as no surprise that I have jumped onto the nail art bandwagon. I'll admit that this type of art is a little too tedious for my OCD mind (one recent incident involving tape nearly caused me to have a breakdown). However, I love the results so much that I'm willing to put in the focus and time. Witness my foray into nail marbling. Probably one of the more difficult and time consuming techniques, marbling involves a ton of patience, but the results are gorge! 


I researched a ton of ways to do marbling and found that the cutepolish tutorial above produced the best results. If you are brave enough to try it, here are some of my personal tips: 
  • Make your design near the edge of the "polish pool" so that it is easier to clean up around it. 
  • Let the design dry for a few seconds before removing the tape so that it does not splash any excess polish onto your beautifully marbled nails.
  • Have lots of paper towel and nail polish remover handy and don't do this on top of any tables that you like! 
Good luck friends. 

 L.

No comments:

Post a Comment